Communications and Development Intern Description:
About the Organization: World Altering Medicine (WAM) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the health and education of rural communities in Malawi. We work with hospitals and schools through assisting with needed medical supplies and infrastructural projects, improving access to quality surgical care, and providing scholarships.
About You: We are seeking an enthusiastic intern who is passionate about global health and storytelling. This internship is an excellent opportunity for someone who is creative, willing to take initiative on projects, and interested in gaining experience with a small nonprofit. The purpose of the role is to assist with communications work and fundraising tasks. There will be the option to work on additional projects depending on the interest of the intern.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist with writing, editing, and publishing various communications materials including: blog posts, donor letters, and annual report.
2. Manage social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
3. Develop branding of website, social media accounts, and publications.
4. Research funding opportunities and implement fundraising campaigns as part of a team.
5. Additional projects depending on the interest of the intern and needs of the organization.
· Experience using Facebook and Twitter.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Microsoft Office suite capabilities.
· Ability to collaborate effectively with a small team.
· Currently seeking bachelor’s or master’s degree in public health, communications, or related field.
Location: Remote; this internship requires computer-based work and regular email and phone communication.
Weekly commitment and timeline: This position is unpaid. Expected duration is February-May, 2017, approximately 8-10 hours per week.
To Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to Sadie Bazur-Leidy at email@example.com by February 10th, 2017.